Summer Institutes & Seminars
Summer Seminar 2017: July 30-August 11, 2017
Annual Dartmouth Summer Seminar for Composition Research
"Data-driven Inquiry: Process, Methods, Results"
This seminar is offered by Dartmouth College’s Institute for Writing and Rhetoric, in collaboration with the Council of Writing Program Administrators.
Call for Dartmouth Faculty: Summer Institute 2016
Summer Institute featuring interactive sessions with six outstanding internationally-known scholars of writing studies:
- Charles Bazerman, UCSB: multiple mixed methods approaches to academic and scientific writing
- Deborah Brandt, U. of Wisconsin-Madison: ethnography of writing practices
- Ellen Cushman, Northeastern U.; Citizen of the Cherokee Nation; decolonial and activist qualitative research into literacy; digital archives
- David Galbraith, U. of Southampton, UK: cognitive and social processes of writing, “dual processing” model
- Sinfree Makoni, Pennsylvania State U.: applied linguistics; international and African Studies; language policy and multilingualism
- Clay Spinuzzi, U. of Texas at Austin: workplace studies; multimodal and genre theory
Dates: August 1st opening dinner; August 2nd-8th interactive sessions 9 am – noon daily.
Faculty members selected for this Institute will receive a $1000 honorarium. Application deadline JUNE 3.
In 1966, Dartmouth was the site of a transformative moment in attention to writing.
We are commemorating this 50th anniversary this August with this one-week Institute and a three-day Conference.
Interested? See more information here.
Ready to apply? See short application here.
Contact Christiane Donahue with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by the Leslie Center for the Humanities, the Dean of the Faculty, and the Institute for Writing and Rhetoric.