How to Enter
To enter the contest, students should adhere closely to the following guidelines:
1. All contestants must be Dartmouth undergraduate students (‘20s, ‘21s, ‘22s, and ‘23s).
2. The first round will be based on a written manuscript or detailed outline of a speech designed to persuade the listeners on any topic.
3. The manuscript or outline must be accompanied by a works cited/reference page, following MLA or APA format.
4. All sources must also be orally cited in the speech.
5. When delivered, the speech should be between 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Speeches must be original works by the student.
7. Visual aids are not allowed.