Make an Appointment
RWIT welcomes walk-in clients; however, if you would like to guarantee time with a tutor, we recommend that you schedule a session. RWIT tutors are trained as general readers. All tutors are capable of assisting students with projects, papers and assignments in ANY discipline. Before you make an appointment, please look over What to Expect at a Session, How to Prepare for a Session, and the following policies. Instructions for making an appointment are detailed below.
Please address any questions or comments to the RWIT Head Tutor.
How to Make an Appointment
First-time clients, please follow these steps to register yourself in the RWIT system:
- Visit the RWIT Online Database.
- Click on "Log In".
- Please register an account in our system by 1) selecting your status as either an Undergraduate, Graduate, Faculty, or Staff member and 2) entering your major and minor information, if known.
- You will be sent to the homepage where you should see two tabs, "Home" and "Sessions," underneath the "Dartmouth College - RWIT Online" banner at the top of the page.
- Now follow the instructions below.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log in to the RWIT Online Database.
- Click on the "Sessions" tab near the top of the page.
- You will see two tabs on the right-hand side of the page directing you to two options for scheduling an appointment: "Reserve Session by Tutor" or "Reserve Session by Date".
- Click on one of those tabs and follow the steps to reserve a Session.
- Your scheduled appointment will be confirmed via email, and you can also view your appointment on the "Sessions" page.
To log out of RWIT Online, click the Logout link that appears in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
To cancel an appointment, use the RWIT Online Database. Please note: You cannot cancel or schedule appointments via blitz. You must use the database. You have until two hours before your session starts to cancel an appointment, otherwise you will be penalized (see the "No-Show Policy" below).
If you fail to appear for a scheduled session, you will be placed on "Warned" status. If you miss a second scheduled appointment, you will be banned from booking appointments the rest of the term. You may still stop by the center to see a tutor as a walk-in client, but you are restricted from booking appointments.