Writing 5 introduces Dartmouth students to the writing process that characterizes intellectual work in the academy and in educated public discourse. Each section of Writing 5 organizes its writing assignments around challenging readings chosen by the instructor. The texts for the class also include student writing. The course focuses primarily on the writing process, emphasizing careful analysis, thoughtful questions, and strategies of effective argument.
- View full ORC course description for Writing 5.
- View page on Registrar's website of individual section descriptions for Writing 5 sections offered on different topics in a given term. This page updates to display information for the following term shortly before registration begins for the following term.
- Winter 2016 Writing 5 archived course descriptions
- Fall 2015 Writing 5 archived course descriptions
- Winter 2015 Writing 5 archived course descriptions
- Fall 2014 Writing 5 archived course descriptions
- For placement and enrollment policies for Writing 5, or advice on switching among Writing 5 courses during drop-add, please visit our Policies page.